DataColor have been releasing a series of products that go beyond their usual area of monitor and printer profiling. The SpyderCube is a great product who’s power and usefulness belies its diminutive size!
Much more than just a tool for grey balance, the SpyderCube lets photographers who work with RAW to get spectral neutrality from multiple light sources as well as an absolute black and more besides.
- Capture accurate colour without a lot of trial and error manipulation
- Spectrally Neutral, so that Cube responds accurately to all lighting conditions
- Provides reference values to check and adjust RAW control settings
- Includes Black Trap for shadow detail control
- Allows users to instantly correct colour images by setting color temperature value
- Allows users to accurately adjust shadows and highlight detail in any RAW image
- Ideal for location shooting (outdoor or indoor) and studios
- Essential for RAW conversion, and can also be used when correcting images in a JPG workflow
Here’s the latest video from DataColor, explaining how to use the SpyderCube.